(1) The evaluation of the applications and placement of the candidates is totally under the responsibility of Bulent Ecevit University. Bulent Ecevit University is free to admit as many candidates as announced in quota or not. Meeting the requirements of application does not necessarily mean automatic admission to the department / program.
(2) The evaluation and placement process of the foreign candidates is conducted by a council composed of members of the education council of the academic unit applied for.
(3) The placement for quotas is determined according to exam score, order of choice and the number of candidates with the same citizenship accepted to the same program.
(4) The number of candidates who gain the right to get registered to a Faculty / School / Conservatory / Vocational school with the same citizenship can not exceed 30% of the total quota of the programs n the related Faculty / School / Conservatory / Vocational school. In the event that the quotas are not full, this requirement may not be met, the process can be conducted by the University regardless of the issues related with the number of countries
(5) The equivalence of the exams required for application are determined as follows:
a) The exam scores and secondary education mark averages of the candidates are converted to a 100 point scale where the highest grade is 100.
b) Upon receiving the candidates’ preferred programs and placing them according to their national and international exam results and other universities YÖS exam scores. For quotas remaining empty after this process, another placement is conducted taking mark averages in secondary education into consideration.
(6) In the event that there is equality in placement scores, first the order of choice is taken into consideration. If there is still equality, secondary education mark average, and if there is still equality, Turkish language proficiency level is taken into consideration. If there is still equality, the younger candidate is placed.
(7) For departments admitting students with special talent examination, as an addition to the conditions stated above, the candidates must pass the special talent examination conducted by our University and in the evaluation of the applications is conducted according to the application, registration and acceptance regulations of the related Faculty, School, Conservatory or Vocational School
(8) Candidates applying to departments where foreign language education is in the curriculum must pass the Foreign Language Proficiency Exam held by School of Foreign Languages of our University as an addition to the general conditions stated above. Candidates with sufficient scores from the equivalents of this exam accepted by School of Foreign Languages (YDS) or international exams whose equivalency have been approved by the Interuniversitary Council (from TOEFL-IBT,TOEFL-CBT,TOEFL-PBT,IELTS,CAE,FCE,CPE) are considered to have succeeded in the Foreign Language Proficiency Exam.
Students who are registered to departments where there is compulsory foreign language preparatory class are obliged to adhere to Regulations for Language Education in Higher Education and Rules for Foreign Language Education in Higher Education and Bulent Ecevit University Regulations of Preparatory Education.